In the Department of Computer Science, diversity and inclusion efforts are housed mainly in the Iribe Initiative for Inclusion and Diversity in Computing (I4C) and the Maryland Center for Women in Computing (MCWIC).
- Tutoring: free 1:1 and group tutoring for all intro sequence classes in computer science.
- Peer2Peer Mentoring: virtual alumni and peer mentoring program through I4C
- Diversity Conference Scholarships: travel scholarships are awarded to over 150 students to attend conferences such as oSTEM, Tapia, AfroTech, and the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Communication: Bi-weekly newsletters for students, Monthly Inclusion newsletter, slack space
- DICE Lounge: on the 1st floor of Iribe Center (1104) is an open and supportive space for students to gather
Student Organizations play a central role in connecting students to each other. The Department supports all student organizations through financial and administrative support as well connections to corporate partners. You can view the full list of student organizations here. Diversity-based student organizations include:
- CS Latinx: Complete this form to help launch this new club: https://go.umd.edu/CS_Latino